From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
Once Columbus became the state capital and the county seat, the community of Franklinton no longer grew at a rapid pace. By 1840, the community had 394 residents. In 1870, Franklinton was annexed to Columbus. The neighborhood was seriously damaged in a major flood in 1913. With the recent completion of a major flood prevention program, the neighborhood has seen significant growth and development. In 1997, Franklinton celebrated its bicentennial with the dedication of a statue of Lucas Sullivant along the Scioto riVertebrate Fossilsront.
[[Category:Exploration To Statehood]]