From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
Under the leadership of its new proprietors, Benjamin F. Nilson and William H. Gates, the Union became known as the ''Ashland Press''. In 1920, the ''Press'' merged with the ''Ashland Times-Gazette'' to form the ''Ashland Times-Gazette and the Ashland Press''. In 1947, the paper dropped the ''Ashland Press'' from its name to become ''Ashland Times-Gazette'', which is still in publication today.
Part of this newspaper has been digitized and is available for research via [https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/ Chronicling America]: [https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83035172/issues/ Ohio Union, 1852-1854]; [https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83035173/issues/ Ashland Union, 1854-1867]; [https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83035174/issues/
The States and Union, 1868-1871].