From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
As is often the case with newspapers of the 19th and early 20th centuries, the ''Journal'' experienced multiple changes in ownership and titles throughout its nearly 150-year lifetime. James M. Comly, brigadier general of the Union Army during the Civil War, edited the paper before and after the war, contributing to its position as one of the leading papers of the state. In 1902, it was purchased by brothers Robert F. and Harry P. Wolfe, and in 1950, it became a part of the Dispatch Printing Company. The paper's last issue was published in 1959 when it merged with the ''Columbus Citizen'' to form the ''Columbus Citizen-Journal''.
Part of this newspaper has been digitized and are available for research via [http://ohiomemory.org/ Ohio Memory]: [http://www.ohiomemory.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/p16007coll22
The Ohio State Journal, 1866].