From Ohio History Central
Text replacement - "Greeneville" to "Greenville"
| image = [[File:United States Military District map.jpg]]
<p>The land in the United States Military District in what is now central Ohio was reserved for veterans of the American Revolution. During the war, American soldiers were issued land warrants to help compensate for their service. The amount of land varied according to rank. In 1796, Congress established the United States Military District to pay off the government's remaining land debts. The eastern boundary was the Seven Ranges. To the south were the Refugee Tract and Congress lands. The western boundary was the Scioto River, and the northern boundary was the line established by the Treaty of
<p>Most veterans did not choose to move to the United States Military District. They often chose to sell their lands without ever seeing them.</p> <br />