From Ohio History Central
Text replacement - "Ohio Historical Society" to "Ohio History Connection"
<p>The Baum Village site is a large village of the Fort Ancient culture (AD 1000-1650) located along Paint Creek in Ross County, Ohio. The village covered more than ten acres and included more than 49 houses, 127 burials, and 234 storage pits. There was a flat-topped pyramid-shaped mound at the center of the village. The mound was 120 feet wide at the base and fifteen feet high. </p>
<p>The village was located near the Baum Earthworks, which was a ceremonial center built by the Hopewell culture (100 BC - AD 500). </p>
Historical Society archaeologists Warren K. Moorehead and William C. Mills directed excavations at the Baum Village site between 1897 and 1903. </p>
<p>The Baum Village site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. </p>
*[[Late Prehistoric Period]]