| caption = Kerns Religious Life Center at Capital University in Columbus, Ohio is shown here. The building was built between 1913 and 1915 to serve as the Rudolf Library. When the Blackmore Library was built in 1978, however, it became the Kerns Religious Life Center.
In 1830, the Lutheran
Church established Capital University in Bexley, Ohio. Capital University is the oldest college in central Ohio. From its beginning, the university has emphasized critical analysis and morality in its various programs. The institution is especially interested in creating graduates dedicated to civic engagement. It is currently affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Originally, the college was very small. In 1886, almost fifty years after it opened, only seventy- six students attended. That same year, there were only eight instructors. In 2004, almost four thousand students attended Capital University. Approximately 1, 100 of these students were enrolled in one of the university[[Category:History Places]] [[Category:Early Statehood]][[Category:Religion]]