From Ohio History Central
The Baum Village site is a large village of the Fort Ancient culture (AD 1000-1650) located along Paint Creek in Ross County, Ohio. The village covered more than ten acres and included more than 49 houses, 127 burials, and 234 storage pits. There was a flat-topped pyramid-shaped mound at the center of the village. The mound was 120 feet wide at the base and fifteen feet high.
The village was located near the Baum Earthworks, which was a ceremonial center built by the Hopewell culture (100 BC - AD 500).