From Ohio History Central
In 1953, the Baptist Church assumed control of Cedarville College. The institution continued to emphasize religion, requiring students to attend bible classes during their time at Cedarville College. The college, now known as Cedarville University, continues to require bible study today. The institution also requires students and faculty members to sign a pledge every year to uphold their own and the college's religious morals. Despite this heavy emphasis on religion, Cedarville University's academic programs are well respected across the United States. In 2006, the student body consisted of more than 3,100 students, and 220 professors served on the faculty.
[[Category:Industrialization and Urbanization]][[Category:Education]]