From Ohio History Central
The Cincinnati Milling Machine Company eventually became Milacron Inc., and it was the largest machine company in the world by the 1930s.
The Cincinnati Milling Machine Company was incorporated in 1889. Its founders were Fred Holz and Frederick A. Geier. The firm made parts for various machines and tools. By 1890, the Cincinnati Milling Machine Company was selling its products across the United States and to Europe as well. It outgrew its original factory, which was located on Second Street in Cincinnati. By 1905, the company had moved to the Cincinnati suburb of Oakley. The new site was located along the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. Due to its strategic location, the Cincinnati Milling Machine Company prospered, earning more than two million dollars in sales per year. Over one-half of the sales were overseas.
[[Category:Industrialization and Urbanization]]