From Ohio History Central
Over the years, Western Reserve College's name changed. In 1892, Amasa Stone donated a sizable fund of money to the institution. As a result of this gift, Western Reserve College became Adelbert College of Western Reserve University. Adelbert was the name of Stone's son. In 1967, Adelbert College and Case Institute of Technology merged, creating modern-day Case Western Reserve University.