From Ohio History Central
With his trading post lost, Loramie moved west with a band of Shawnee Indians. The site remained abandoned until 1795, when Anthony Wayne ordered the American military to construct a blockhouse and a few additional buildings for storage. He named the site Fort Loramie. Eventually, Fort Loramie evolved into a village as settlers moved into west central Ohio to take advantage of the fertile land available for farming.
[[Category:Exploration To Statehood]]