From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
In 1867, Mr. Stratton died, prompting the demise of the chain schools. While many of these institutions still survived, they no longer were under the governance of the Bryant & Stratton Chain of Business Schools. The Cleveland college became known as the Spencerian College, named after Platt Spencer, a former professor at the institution and developer of Spencerian script. In 1894, Frank Dyke purchased the institution, renaming it the Dyke School of Commerce. Eventually the school was renamed Dyke College. Throughout the twentieth century, Dyke College continued to grow. While emphasizing business training, Dyke College eventually offered degrees in other fields. In 1995, the institution became known as David N. Myers College, in honor of David N. Myers, an alumnus and substantial financial contributor to the institution. In 2005, David N. Myers College had four campuses, including the main campus in Cleveland, as well as branches at Rocky River, Ohio, Eastlake, Ohio, and Cleveland Heights, Ohio.