From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
Throughout the early twentieth century, Ashland College continued to grow. In 1932, the institution adopted the eagle as its mascot, and in 1940 students began to pilfer eagle statues from nearby businesses and place them on the campus. During the 1970s, Ashland College experienced a small decline in student enrollment, but the addition of business and nursing degrees helped overcome this downturn. In 1989, Ashland College again became known as Ashland University. During the 1990s, the institution exceeded five thousand students, and in 2005, Ashland University boasted more than 5,600 enrollees.
[[Category:Industrialization and Urbanization]]