From Ohio History Central
no edit summary
In 1888, the United Brethren Church purchased Ashland College's buildings from the court and established Ashland University. The next year, Ashland University founded a theological seminary, although Ashland Theological Seminary remained a formal part of Ashland University's Bible Department until 1930. Prior to 1930, the seminary only offered undergraduate degrees. By the early 2000s, Ashland Theological Seminary averaged an enrollment of eight hundred students per year. The seminary also offered courses in Columbus, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, and Detroit, Michigan.
[[Category:Industrialization and Urbanization]]