From Ohio History Central
Shandy Hall is a museum in Geneva, Ohio.
Shandy Hall was originally the home of Colonel Robert Harper. Harper was the youngest son of Alexander Harper, who founded the first permanent white settlement in Ashtabula County, Ohio. In 1815, Harper completed the first four rooms of Shandy Hall, but he expanded the house to seventeen rooms over the next two decades. Some scholars contend that Shandy Hall is the oldest frame house in the Connecticut Western Reserve to be preserved in its original form. The Harper family owned the home until 1938, when the Western Reserve Historical Society acquired the property. Today, the home is a museum. It details life in the early to mid-nineteenth century and contains numerous period artifacts.
- Butler, Margaret Manor. A Pictorial History of the Western Reserve: 1796-1860. Cleveland, OH: The Early Settlers Association of the Western Reserve and The Western Reserve Historical Society, 1963.