From Ohio History Central
Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus is a popular restaurant in the German Village neighborhood of Columbus, Ohio.
Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus opened in 1967. Before entering the restaurant business, the Schmidt family had operated a meatpacking plant since 1886 in German Village. The Schmidt family also began selling its meat and other products at the Ohio State Fair during the 1920s. The family continues to operate the second oldest concession booth at the fair.
The Schmidt's Restaurant und Sausage Haus specializes in traditional German food.