Hillel Foundation

From Ohio History Central

Kaplan, Harry and Students.jpg
Rabbi Harry Kaplan leading Jewish students who were members of the B' Nai B' Rith Hillel Foundation at Ohio

State University in a religious service, ca. 1940-1960.

In 1925, the B'nai B'rith-Hillel Foundation formed. A Jewish organization, also known as just the Hillel Foundation, this group sponsors social, religious, and cultural activities for college students. Individual B'nai B'rith-Hillel Foundation chapters implement programs to educate both Jewish and non-Jewish students on Judaism and provide Jewish students with the chance to develop friendships and support systems. The first B'nai B'rith-Hillel Foundation student group formed in 1923 on the campus of the University of Illinois, and due to this group’s success the B'nai B'rith-Hillel Foundation came into existence. Most major Ohio colleges and universities have an Hillel organization on their campus.

See Also