File:Worthington.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Worthington.jpg(360 × 279 pixels, file size: 32 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

A sketch of the Worthington Female Seminary in 1846. The seminary was run by the Ohio Methodist Conference and was located in downtown Worthington, Ohio. In the 1850s more women chose to go to the new Ohio Wesleyan Female College in Delaware and the seminary was closed. In the 1870s it became a "Normal School" that trained teachers, as Ohio realized the need to have better trained teachers in the state. This image is from Historical Collections of Ohio by Henry Howe, 1952.

Source

The Ohio Historical Society. Printed Material Collection. Library; 977.1 H838h2

Date

8/21/2005 18:24

Author

Henry Howe's Historical Collections of Ohio

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current19:03, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 19:03, 24 April 2013360 × 279 (32 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: