File:Western Reserve College.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Western_Reserve_College.jpg(332 × 254 pixels, file size: 31 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

Sketch done by Henry Howe of Western Reserve College located in Hudson, Ohio. It opened in 1826 and became an important center for anti-slavery sentiment in Ohio. Western Reserve College was closely affiliated with the Presbyterian Church. The school fell on hard times and thanks to a generous donation by Amasa Stone in 1892 it moved to Cleveland. The former site is now home to Western Reserve Academy. Image take from Historical Collections of Ohio by Henry Howe, 1847.

Source

The Ohio Historical Society. Library; 977.1 H838h2

Date

8/21/2005 18:13

Author

Henry Howe's Historical Collections of Ohio

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:06, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:06, 24 April 2013332 × 254 (31 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: