File:Ohio Wesleyan University.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Ohio_Wesleyan_University.jpg(360 × 279 pixels, file size: 32 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

Chartered in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University was associated with the Methodist church and is located in Delaware, Ohio. Originally, only men attended Ohio Wesleyan. Ohio Wesleyan Female College began to offer classes in 1853. It was not until 1877 that the Female College became part of Ohio Wesleyan University. Three women who had been instructors at the female college became the first female faculty members at the university. From "Historical Collections of Ohio" by Henry Howe, 1952.

Source

Collection: Printed Material. Library; 977.1 H838h2

Date

8/21/2005 17:16

Author

Henry Howe's Historical Collections of Ohio

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:02, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:02, 24 April 2013360 × 279 (32 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

There are no pages that link to this file.