From Ohio History Central
This 1931 photograph is an exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf, located on Town Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. The building was constructed in 1868 and used until 1953, when the Ohio School for the Deaf relocated to its present location on North High Street. At the original location, known as The Institution for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb, children received schooling and housing on the grounds, which necessitated the position of matron to care for the children during non-school hours. The site of the Ohio State School for the Deaf is now a public park.
Ohio Historical Society. Collection: Ohio Department of Finance. State Archives Series 1546 AV; Box 1, Folder 7
(Reusing this file)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:02, 24 April 2013||450 × 323 (31 KB)||Maintenance script||Importing image file|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)