File:Ohio Penitentiary Death House.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Ohio_Penitentiary_Death_House.jpg(450 × 325 pixels, file size: 25 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

Exterior view of the Death House at the Ohio Penitentiary in Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1969-1970. Beginning in 1885 sentences of capital punishment were carried out at the Penitentiary. This building was built in 1913 specifically to house the electric chair and inmates who were sentenced to death.

Source

Ohio Historical Society State Archives Series 1641 AV, AL01789 from the Ohio Penitentiary Photo Report Collection.

Date

5/7/2007 13:55

Author

Ohio Penitentiary Photography Department

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:05, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:05, 24 April 2013450 × 325 (25 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: