File:Ohio Company of Associates Purchase Map.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Ohio_Company_of_Associates_Purchase_Map.jpg(310 × 450 pixels, file size: 22 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

The map illustrates the first tract of Ohio land to be sold by the Continental Congress. The Ohio Company of Associates, composed of former Revolutionary War officers and soldiers, acquired the land. The company established the first permanent settlement at Marietta in April 1788. Among the Ohio Company's first directors were Rufus Putnam, Manasseh Cutler, and Winthrop Sargent.

Source

Ohio Historical Society State Archives Series 4635, AL03613 from the Ohio Company's Purchase Allotments Collection.

Date

3/12/2007 14:36

Author

Ohio Auditor of State

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:04, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:04, 24 April 2013310 × 450 (22 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: