File:OHS SC864 01 01.jpg

From Ohio History Central
OHS_SC864_01_01.jpg(492 × 312 pixels, file size: 37 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

Photograph can be found at Ohio Memory: http://cdm16007.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p267401coll32/id/17051

Description

Black and white postcard showing a streetview of High Street looking south from State Street in Columbus, Ohio, 1907. On the reverse is a message addressed to Dr. C.E. Rice of Alliance, Ohio. A note indicates that this postcard may have been used in an F. & R. Lazarus Company window display in February of 1934. Seen in the photograph are a streetcar, numerous shops and carriages, and arches spanning the street. The High Street arches were a well-known Columbus attraction, installed for the Northwest Territory centennial celebration in 1888. They were all removed by 1916, but were reinstalled beginning in 2002 and are now a recognizable feature of the Short North arts district in Columbus.

Source

Ohio History Connection, High Street Arches Collection, SC 864.

File permissions for use of this photograph: Online access is provided for research and education purposes. For rights and reproduction requests or more information, go to http://www.ohiohistory.org/images/information.

Date
Author

Author not available.

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current13:46, 26 February 2015Thumbnail for version as of 13:46, 26 February 2015492 × 312 (37 KB)Sback (Talk | contribs)Black and white postcard showing a streetview of High Street looking south from State Street in Columbus, Ohio, 1907. On the reverse is a message addressed to Dr. C.E. Rice of Alliance, Ohio. A note indicates that this postcard may have been used in an...
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following page links to this file: