File:Mission.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Mission.jpg(360 × 240 pixels, file size: 47 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

This mission served thee Wyandot native population near Lake Erie. Reverend James Finley (1781-1856), a Wyandot missionary appointed by the Methodist Episcopal Church, successfully converted over half of the Wyandot people in present-day Wyandot County to Christianity. Located in back of the church is a cemetery. The Wyandots were removed to Kansas in 1843. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

Source

Ohio Historical Society. State Archives Series 741 AV; Box 5, Folder 84 AL06544.

Date

2/6/2007 16:28

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:06, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:06, 24 April 2013360 × 240 (47 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

There are no pages that link to this file.

Metadata