File:Mills, William C. at the Mound City Excavation.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Mills,_William_C._at_the_Mound_City_Excavation.jpg(264 × 400 pixels, file size: 47 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

Henry C. Shetrone (on left) and William C. Mills (on right), archaeologists for the Ohio Archaeological and Historical Society (now the Ohio Historical Society) at the excavation of the Mound City site in Ross County, Ohio, 1920 -1921. Mound City is comprised of a rectangular earth enclosure covering thirteen acres and twenty-four burial mounds created by the Hopewell people. The site was first mapped and excavated in 1846 by E. G. Squier and E. H. Davis. After conducting excavations in 1920 and 1921, the Ohio Historical Society reconstructed the burial mounds.

Source

Ohio Historical Society AL02717, AV 17 from the Archaeology Collection Collection.

Date

4/30/2008 10:07

Author

Dept. of Archeology, Ohio State Museum, 1920-21

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current19:06, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 19:06, 24 April 2013264 × 400 (47 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: