File:Merrick Hall.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Description

The exterior of Merrick Hall, named for Ohio Wesleyan University President Frederick Merrick (1860-1873), was built as a science building and alumni hall. It was constructed of Delaware limestone from the Blue Limestone Quarry. Due to the university's financial straits and low enrollment during the Civil War (1861-1865), raising funds to construct the building covered many years from groundbreaking in 1868 to dedication in 1873. Merrick Hall is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Source

Ohio Wesleyan University from the Ohio Wesleyan University Historical Collection Collection.

Date

5/11/2009 9:34

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


There are no pages that link to this file.