File:Lane Theological Seminary.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Lane_Theological_Seminary.jpg(333 × 250 pixels, file size: 36 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

Lane Seminary, Hamilton County, Ohio. From Historical Collections of Ohio by Henry Howe, 1847. Lane Theological Seminary was founded in 1829 to educate Presbyterians into the ministry. It was named for Ebeneezer and William Lane, who pledged $4,000 to the school. The first president of the seminary was Lyman Beecher, the father of Harriet Beecher Stowe.


The Ohio History Connection


8/21/2005 16:29


Henry Howe's Historical Collection of Ohio

(Reusing this file)

See below.

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

current20:07, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:07, 24 April 2013333 × 250 (36 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: