From Ohio History Central
During the War of 1812, General William Hull ordered the construction of a road connecting his troops at Detroit with supply bases located in Ohio. Beginning in Dayton and passing through Urbana on its way to Detroit, Hull's Road helped advance settlement in the northwestern corner of Ohio. Many soldiers who served under Hull also returned following the War of 1812 to claim the choicest parcels of land and territory that they had first laid eyes upon while marching to Detroit along Hull's Road. The image is taken from "Tales from Ohio History for Home and School," by William Henry Venable.
The Ohio Historical Society. Printed Material Collection. Library 977.1 V55, 1896
Venable, Tales from Ohio
(Reusing this file)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||19:02, 24 April 2013||330 × 252 (33 KB)||Maintenance script||Importing image file|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)