File:Geauga County Courthouse, Chardon.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Geauga_County_Courthouse,_Chardon.jpg(240 × 360 pixels, file size: 40 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

L.J. Randall, builder of the Randall Block on Main Street, was contractor for the courthouse; Joseph Ireland (active in Cleveland 1865-1885) was the architect. Looking at the Geauga County Courthouse, note the square tower which changes to an octagon one full story above the roofline. The courthouse's cupola reaches 112 feet, and contains an antique clock mechanism renovated in 1996 by the community and Chapter 28-The National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. The bandstand on the village public green is a reconstruction of the 1875 original. The bandstand was dedicated by the community in 1981, and the brick memorial walkway was dedicated in 1993.

Source

Ohio Historical Society AL06623

Date

2/6/2007 14:13

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current19:02, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 19:02, 24 April 2013240 × 360 (40 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

There are no pages that link to this file.

Metadata