File:Cooke Castle, Gilbraltar Island.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Cooke_Castle,_Gilbraltar_Island.jpg(450 × 442 pixels, file size: 51 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

Cooke Castle, Gibraltar Island, ca. 1880. Built circa 1864 by Jay Cooke, Cooke Castle was used as a vacation home by four generations of the Cooke family. Today, the house and the island are owned by The Ohio State University, where it maintains the Stone Laboratory, a freshwater research and teaching facility.

Source

Ohio Historical Society SC 103, AL03667 from the Gibraltar Island, Ohio Collection.

Date

7/12/2006 13:11

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:06, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:06, 24 April 2013450 × 442 (51 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

There are no pages that link to this file.