From Ohio History Central
This photograph shows the headquarters of the Cincinnati Fire Department in 1904. The headquarters was home to Fire Company No. 3 and Ladder Company 1, whose members are shown in front of the fire station. The ladder on the horse-drawn fire truck in the right of the photograph extends to 85 feet. The Cincinnati Fire Department was organized in 1853. This photograph was published in Book of Views of Cincinnati, Ohio in 1904 by the S. H. Knox & Company. Published not quite 125 years after the first settlers, it promotes the Queen City as a prosperous, burgeoning manufacturing center, and a desirable place to live. The booklet is 48 pages and measures 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm).
Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center
(Reusing this file)
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:05, 24 April 2013||400 × 284 (49 KB)||Maintenance script||Importing image file|
- You cannot overwrite this file.
- Edit this file using an external application (See the setup instructions for more information)