File:Cedar Falls, Hocking Hills State Park.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Cedar_Falls,_Hocking_Hills_State_Park.jpg(400 × 316 pixels, file size: 57 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

This photograph of two men sitting on a boulder near Cedar Falls in the Hocking Hills measures 8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm). Early settlers named the site Cedar Falls, mistaking the hemlock trees that surround the falls for cedars. In 1924, the state of Ohio purchased 146 acres in the Hocking Hills that became Hocking Hills State Park in 1949. In 1972, the park added a dining lodge and cabins. Hocking Hills State Park is known for its geologic features of blackhand sandstone, including Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls, and Rock House.

Source

Ohio Historical Society State Archives Series 741, Box 3

Date

9/25/2008 11:59

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:02, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:02, 24 April 2013400 × 316 (57 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: