File:Bacon Monument.jpg

From Ohio History Central

Jump to: navigation, search
Bacon_Monument.jpg(400 × 256 pixels, file size: 34 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Description

In 1875, Theodore Woolsey Bacon and David Bacon, two grandsons of Rev. David Bacon, came from the east coast and selected a boulder for the monument to their grandfather. They had it engraved with the following statement: Here the First Church in Tallmadge was gathered in the House of Rev. David Bacon, January 22, 1809. The monument was dedicated on June 2, 1881. The site was later annexed by Akron, and the area surrounding the memorial is called David Bacon Park.Courtesy of Tallmadge History Digital Exhibit, Akron-Summit Co. Public Library.

Source

Tallmadge History Digital Exhibit, Akron-Summit Co. Public Library

Date

10/30/2007 10:19

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:03, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:03, 24 April 2013400 × 256 (34 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file

The following page links to this file: