From Ohio History Central
During the American Revolution, Arnold Henry Dohrman (1749-1813) served as a representative of the Confederation Congress to Portugal.
Dohrman took a great interest in American prisoners of war captured by the British and spent his own money to provide better care for them. Once the war ended, Dohrman presented his expenses to Congress for reimbursement. The government paid part of the debt in cash but repaid the rest with a grant of land in the Ohio Country. Located within the Seven Ranges, Dohrman's grant included an entire township in modern-day Tuscarawas County. The grant's exact location was Township 13 in Range 7.
- Pearson, F.B., and J.D. Harlor. Ohio History Sketches. Columbus, OH: Fred J. Heer, 1903.