From Ohio History Central
This program is from the ninth graduation exercises for the Cleveland Institute of Music, held on June 14, 1934. The program includes an agenda and a list of graduates. It consists of three pages and measures 9" x 6" (22.86 x 15.24 cm).
In 1920, the Cleveland Institute of Music was established in Cleveland, Ohio. Initially, the institute had nineteen faculty members teaching a total of twenty-five students. Over the past ninety years, the Cleveland Institute of Music has grown to include approximately one hundred faculty members and 350 students. Many of the institute's faculty perform with the Cleveland Orchestra. Time Magazine once named the Cleveland Orchestra to be the greatest orchestra in the world.
The Cleveland Institute of Music is especially known for its orchestral music. The institute uses space at Case Western Reserve University. Case Western and the Cleveland Institute of Music offer a joint music program. The institute's faculty concentrates on teaching music, while Case Western's faculty emphasizes the history of music. Located in Cleveland's University Circle, the Cleveland Institute of Music's location provides students with access to the city's cultural center.