Winebrenner Theological Seminary

From Ohio History Central
Revision as of 15:44, 23 May 2013 by Admin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

In 1942, Findlay College (modern-day University of Findlay) established a graduate program in theology. This program became the Winebrenner Theological Seminary in 1961, when it separated from Findlay College and began granting its own degrees. The Churches of God, General Conference, established Winebrenner Theological Seminary. Winebrenner Theological Seminary remains as the Churches of God, General Conference's only seminary. In 2005, the institution had 147 students enrolled. The majority of students were members of the Churches of God, but the seminary also had thirty-five other denominations represented in the student body.

See Also