no edit summary
In December 1795, the American military completed construction of the buildings. During the War of 1812, Fort Loramie served as a supply depot for forts in northern Ohio as well as for military forces sent against the British in Michigan and Canada. In 1815, the United States sold Fort Loramie to James Furrow. He created a tavern and post office out of the buildings. In 1820, Furrow gave up the business. Despite this, a village that would also be called Fort Loramie had begun to form as people had moved from eastern Ohio, seeking better land and increased opportunity. Many of the early immigrants were of German descent.
[[Category:Exploration To Statehood]]