Salem Bible Institute

For more than one century, Salem, Ohio, has been the home of a religious-centered institution of higher education. The modern institution traces its history to 1956, with the creation of Salem Bible Institute. In 1961, this institution became known as Salem Bible College, and in 1973, now under the control of the Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist Connection, the college became Allegheny Wesleyan College. This institution offers four-year undergraduate degrees. It remains affiliated with the Wesleyan Church today. Allegheny Wesleyan College's enrollment typically is under one hundred students.

See Also