Rusin Educational Society

The Rusin Elite Society was a Carpatho-Russian social organization in Cleveland, Ohio.

Eugene Mankovich and Joseph P. Hanulya founded the Rusin Elite Society in 1927. The society's original purpose was to provide Carpatho-Russian immigrants with a social and cultural institution to practice traditional Carpatho-Russian customs and beliefs. In 1935, the organization changed its name to the Rusin Educational Society. The Rusin Elite Society enhanced Ohio's cultural landscape into the 1960s.

See Also

References

  1. Van Tassel, David D., and John J. Grabowski, eds. The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1996.