The Philipps Cemetery is one of the oldest family cemeteries in Ohio. Most people interred in the cemetery were descendents of Welsh immigrants.
In 1813, Thomas Phillipps (sometimes reported as Phillips or Philipps) donated land for the cemetery in Welsh Hills, Ohio. Today, Granville, Ohio controls the cemetery. Phillipps intended for the cemetery to be a burial place for his family members as well as his Welsh neighbors. In all likelihood, Phillipps was the first person interred in the cemetery. He died on May 20, 1813. Most burials occurred prior to 1880, but a handful of bodies were interred in the cemetery as late as the 1910s and 1920s. The cemetery is located on Philipps Road in Granville.