Lemko Association

The Lemko Association is a national Carpatho-Russian fraternal organization.

In 1931, Lemkos Canadians and Americans met in Cleveland, Ohio to form the Lemko Association. Orignally named Lemko-Soiuz, the society's purpose was to provide Carpatho-Russian immigrants with a social and cultural institution to practice traditional Carpatho-Russian customs and beliefs. The organization's name was shortened in 1931. The group's national headquarters was located in Cleveland from 1931 until 1939. At the time of this writing, the Lemko Association continues to serve as an important Carpatho-Russian social and cultural organization in both the United States of America and Canada.

See Also

References

  1. Van Tassel, David D., and John J. Grabowski, eds. The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1996.