During the mid-nineteenth century, Geneva College was an institution of higher education in Northwood, Ohio.
In 1848, John Black Johnston established Geneva College in Northwood. The college was affiliated with the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America. The institution originally sought to train young men and women in the tenets of the Reformed Presbyterian Church. Many students were active in the Underground Railroad, assisting runaway slaves to freedom. Geneva College closed during the American Civil War but resumed operations upon the conflict's termination. Due to low enrollment, during the 1870s, college administrators began to search for a more urban location for the institution. In 1879, Geneva College relocated to Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, where it continues to operate today.
- Siebert, Wibur H. The Underground Railroad: From Slavery to Freedom. New York: Russell & Russell, 1898.