Difference between revisions of "File:Ohio State School for the Deaf.jpg"

From Ohio History Central
m (1 revision)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
{{Information
 
{{Information
|description=This photograph shows the exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf on Town Street in Columbus, Ohio, 1931. This building was constructed in the late 1860's and used until 1953.
+
|description=This 1931 photograph is an exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf, located on Town Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. The building was constructed in 1868 and used until 1953, when the Ohio School for the Deaf relocated to its present location on North High Street. At the original location, known as The Institution for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb, children received schooling and housing on the grounds, which necessitated the position of matron to care for the children during non-school hours. The site of the Ohio State School for the Deaf is now a public park.
 
|date=2/6/2007 16:06
 
|date=2/6/2007 16:06
|source=Ohio Historical Society AL05139
+
|source=Ohio Historical Society. Collection: Ohio Department of Finance. State Archives Series 1546 AV; Box 1, Folder 7
 
}}  
 
}}  
 
[[Category:History Images]]
 
[[Category:History Images]]

Latest revision as of 18:01, 12 August 2013

Description

This 1931 photograph is an exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf, located on Town Street in downtown Columbus, Ohio. The building was constructed in 1868 and used until 1953, when the Ohio School for the Deaf relocated to its present location on North High Street. At the original location, known as The Institution for the Education of the Deaf and Dumb, children received schooling and housing on the grounds, which necessitated the position of matron to care for the children during non-school hours. The site of the Ohio State School for the Deaf is now a public park.

Source

Ohio Historical Society. Collection: Ohio Department of Finance. State Archives Series 1546 AV; Box 1, Folder 7

Date

2/6/2007 16:06

Author
Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.


File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current20:02, 24 April 2013Thumbnail for version as of 20:02, 24 April 2013450 × 323 (31 KB)Maintenance script (Talk)Importing image file
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

The following page links to this file: