The Baum Village site is a large village of the Fort Ancient culture (AD 1000-1650) located along Paint Creek in Ross County, Ohio. The village covered more than ten acres and included more than 49 houses, 127 burials, and 234 storage pits. There was a flat-topped pyramid-shaped mound at the center of the village. The mound was 120 feet wide at the base and fifteen feet high.
The village was located near the Baum Earthworks, which was a ceremonial center built by the Hopewell culture (100 BC - AD 500).
Ohio Historical Society (now Ohio History Connection) archaeologists Warren K. Moorehead and William C. Mills directed excavations at the Baum Village site between 1897 and 1903.
The Baum Village site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Griffin, James Bennett. The Fort Ancient Aspect: Its Cultural and Chronological Position in Mississippi Valley Archaeology. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan, 1966.
- Woodward, Susan L., and Jerry N. McDonald. Indian Mounds of the Middle Ohio Valley: A Guide to Mounds and Earthworks of the Adena, Hopewell, Cole, and Fort Ancient People. Lincoln: The University of Nebraska Press, 2002.